Review: Strip Nude For Your Killer

We begin with a gynaecological shot, as a procedure goes fatally wrong, forcing the abortion doctor to dispose of the body, with the help of misogynistic photographer friend Nino Castelnuovo. It’s not long before a motorbike-riding, leather-clad killer is bumping off people from the modelling agency our pervy photographer works at. Junior photographer Edwige Fenech attempts to get to the bottom of it all, whilst for some reason also romancing the frankly loathesome, smug Castelnuovo.

 

I like a good, sexy giallo as much as the next person, but this provocatively-titled 1975 effort from director Andrea Bianchi (the popular zombie movie “Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror”) isn’t so much sexy as it is sleazy. I felt rather put off by it, and felt somewhat unclean by the end of it. That includes the supposedly funny anal sex joke at the end that I just found puerile, unnecessary, and unfunny (It’s misogynistic). I honestly couldn’t believe it. I figured I’d love this. It’s well-acted, stylishly photographed, and seemingly every actress gets naked a lot. I also liked the visual of the jumpsuit and motorcycle helmet-sporting killer. It should’ve been a big hit with me. But I found it rather cold, cynical sleaze from start to finish.

 

The men are all arseholes and the women not that much more charming. It’s never as enjoyable as you’d like, and even the mystery isn’t terribly interesting because I didn’t care about the characters involved in it. Your mileage may wildly differ, but I just never could find my way into this one, and like I said, I’m pretty surprised as it sounded like good sexy fun. This is unabashed trash, but not particularly enjoyable for it. It’s not even especially violent, despite playing more like a slasher film than a traditional giallo. Most of the nasty stuff is post-mortem, so to speak. The screenplay is by Massimo Felisatti (“The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave”), from a story by he director. Nah, this one and I weren’t on the same wavelength, I’m afraid.

 

Rating: C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Hellraiser (2022)

Review: Boyka: Undisputed

Review: Ninja 2: Shadow of a Tear